Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pillowcase Dresses

Well, nearly a month ago, I bought a sewing machine. I figured I could really get some use out of one right now. Caroline has a few smocked dresses that were just about dragging the floor, so I needed to hem them up now and then I can let them out next year for her to wear again because they seem to be plenty big and there doesn't seem to be a big difference in the sizes, except in the length.
I have seen these pillowcase dresses and love them. I thought to myself, "I can do that," so I went to Hobby Lobby when their patterns were 99 cents and bought several patterns, some fabric, and a few supplies. When I put my mind to something, I go for it. I was so excited to get started. Here are just a couple that I have finished recently. The first one is my favorite and the first one I made. I couldn't wait for Caroline to wear it to church today. I don't mean to brag, but she got lots of compliments. I have another one in the works and several more ideas to come with the other patterns I bought. I am already dreaming up something MAROON and WHITE for this fall!



These are great because she can wear them now as a dress and later as a top when it gets too short. They usually fit a range of 2-3 sizes; just scrunch it up at the top with the ribbon to fit. Also, in the fall & winter, you can pair it with a turtleneck and tights or leggings.

No comments:

Post a Comment