Sunday, July 18, 2010

Just Lacks Two Buttons!

As many of you know, I am new to this. I can say that I have sewn before, but I am talking about 8th grade Home Economics. I was inspired then to make several things on my mom's sewing machine, but that was a long time ago. Sewing is like riding a bicycle, though. You don't really forget. You just jump back on. Making dresses is one thing (especially pillowcase dresses), but I discovered a whole new world in making this two-piece outfit. I made it through. It really wasn't hard. It was just a lot of steps I hadn't done before (that I had to analyze thoroughly and make it make sense), like the shorts and the facings on the inside of the top. I was a little intimidated by some of the steps involved, but I would compare it to the book, "The Monster at the End of this Book," starring lovable, furry old Grover. I bought this book for Caroline last year and I remember it from when I was little. Moral of my story: it wasn't that bad like I thought it was at first when I had the pattern pieces laid out (shorts look really odd at first and then they make sense). Now, I am ready to do another one of my two-piece patterns.

It is basically finished. I just need to get two buttons to fasten the tabs at the shoulders and stitch my button holes. Unfortunately, I have a feeling it is going to be a little big on Caroline, but that's better than being too small. I used the size 1 on the pattern, which was the smallest. See more at Sew What's Going On?

No comments:

Post a Comment