Monday, May 17, 2010

Ginger to the rescue?

I still can't believe what happened last night. Jeff was swimming laps in the pool and Caroline and Ginger were outside with me watching. Ginger has always been intrigued by Jeff swimming laps and diving in. She always gets excited and runs along with him and sometimes barks when he dives in. Jeff was swimming laps around the perimeter of the pool instead of going back and forth and stopping or slowing down. He was swimming about two feet from the edge of the pool and suddenly, Ginger jumped in! I screamed because I was so shocked that she had done this for the first time ever after all these years of watching us in the pool. Jeff felt her claws on his back and didn't know what was going on until he saw Ginger swimming. I'm still not sure what was going on. Maybe she was trying to save him. Maybe she just wanted to know what it would be like to jump in after all these years of thinking about it. Who knows. I would love to read her mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment